CANDLELIGHT MARCH FOR PEACE

Mike Friedman mikedf at amnh.org
Thu Feb 27 05:41:50 MST 2003

WHAT: CANDLELIGHT MARCH FOR PEACE
WHEN: Wed., March 5, gather at 5:30PM
WHERE: Assemble at Hillary Clinton's office, 780 Third Ave. (47th & 48th)
BRING: Candles, signs and drums
Sponsored by United for Peace and Justice NYC, NYC Forum of Concerned
Religious Leaders, and Not in Our Name

We rallied on February 15 -- and NOW WE WILL MARCH IN PEACE to prevent this
war! Our march will be in conjunction with a national day of action,
including student actions taking place on over 300 campuses around the country.

Senators Hillary Clinton and Chuck Schumer voted "yes" on the resolution to
send our country into war on Iraq. They must be held accountable! Let's
show them that New Yorkers say NO to war!

Join us for a legal candlelight march on the sidewalks of OUR city, led by
community, religious, political and labor leaders. We will begin outside
Hillary Clinton's office (780 Third Ave. @ 47th), proceed downtown past
Chuck Schumer's office (757 Third Ave. @ 46th), and march peacefully from
there to Washington Square Park for a candlelight vigil.

For more information, contact plaarman at judson.org or Chomsky17 at aol.com

For more information on the March 5 student strike, see
http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=662

For more information on the March 5 national moratorium, contact
religiousforum at hotmail.com or see
http://www.notinourname.net/call_for_the_moratorium.html

==============================
Plans are also underway for a big UFPJ NYC anti-war march in a few weeks.
If you would like to work on either or both of these two mobilizations, come to
an organizing meeting on Thursday, Feb. 27 at 6:30PM, 330 W. 42nd Street,
8th floor.

To get involved with organizing this and other United for Peace and Justice
events in New York City, join our new low-volume organizing announcements
listserve by sending a blank email to: ufpjnyc-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

To volunteer with United for Peace and Justice in NYC, send a blank email to
nycvolunteers-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

To subscribe or unsubscribe from this list, go to
http://www.unitedforpeace.org/email.php

United for Peace and Justice NYC
(646) 473-8935