We told you so was about chickens roosting

Gary Maclennan g.maclennan at pop.dynamic.qut.edu.au
Thu Feb 27 21:31:39 MST 2003

I have already written about Australia's intervention in East Timor and
have really nothing to add to what Tom and Phil have argued.  I simply
record publicly my agreement with their position.

With this exception - A few nights ago on the news, the East Timor
intervention was explicitly used by the right as an excuse for a] a
military budget increase and b] to legitimise the invasion of  Iraq by
Australian soldiers, and c] General Cosgrove [the "hero" of East Timor has
figured prominently in TV coverage of Australian military matters.

Let me say it now out clearly, because it is killing me to hold it in -

WE TOLD YOU SO.

regards

Gary