Building a broad mass movement

Adam Levenstein cleon42 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 4 13:54:37 MST 2003

--- Walter Lippmann <walterlx at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Why should there be a contradiction
> between a broad and a principled
> movement?

Because some peoples' principles are contradictory to others'
principles.

> I don't know who William Pearce
> is, and I don't know anything about a
> meeting where a Mumia tape was
> discussed. Building mass struggles
> involves compromise.

William Pierce was leader of the National Alliance, the main fascist
organization in the US these days. In recent months the NA has been
trying to pass themselves off as "pro-Palestinian" to try and pass off
their own anti-semitic views.

So I'll ask again--should he have been allowed to speak on April 20th?
How many of your principles are you willing to "compromise" away?

This is what I mean when I talk about a "broad movement" versus a
"principled movement."

=====
Adam Levenstein                          cleon42 at yahoo.com
ICQ: 17125158

Microsoft will make something that doesn't suck when
they start manufacturing vacuum cleaners.