building a broad mass movement

Adam Levenstein cleon42 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 4 14:32:07 MST 2003

--- Walter Lippmann <walterlx at earthlink.net> wrote:
> So no one in the meeting suggested that
> the fascist speak except the fascist? It's
> obvious that that would narrow, not make
> the event broader. Looks like you've just
> answered the question. Thanks kindly.
>
> Were a fascist to speak, no one else would.
> The question you asked, then, is not serious.
> This isn't politics. These are politricks!

Ah, so you're just interested in playing the numbers, than?

If so-and-so spoke, would it bring more people or scare more people
away?

So I assume, by your comments, you would side with NION when they
decided not to play Mumia's speech (this really DID happen). After all,
it's more important to keep the liberals there than piss off the
radicals (which it did).

I think there we disagree. Numbers aren't everything.

> Posing the question this way is yet another
> way of ducking the need to mobilize support
> for and participation in the January 18, 2003
> protests against Washington's Iraq invasion
> called by International ANSWER.
>
> For details on this please see:
> www.internationalanswer.org

Repeating this accusation makes it no more true; I am actually quite
active with the IAC branch here, and am helping to organize buses. I
also helped out with October 26 and April 20.

Please, if you're going to comment on what I write, comment on what I
*write*, and not your interpretation of what I write.

Adam

=====
Adam Levenstein                          cleon42 at yahoo.com
ICQ: 17125158

Microsoft will make something that doesn't suck when
they start manufacturing vacuum cleaners.