The draft - correction

Tom O'Lincoln suarsos at alphalink.com.au
Mon Jan 6 21:39:19 MST 2003

>>Do you really think that everyone and all those who oppose volunteer professional
armies, support universal conscription,  are on the side of the police and the
warmongers?<<

No, what I'm saying is that to raise the demand for universal conscription in
the context of the specific anti-war movements I discussed would have put you
in that position. And from this we can learn lessons about likely future movements.

This doesn't mean I support volunteer professional armies. In the present context,
these are two alternative ways in which US and Australian imperialism can fight
reactionary wars. I'm not for choosing between them, I'm for opposing both.
(If our side held power, it would be a new ball game but we can discuss that
another day.)