The draft

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jan 7 03:43:13 MST 2003

--- David Schanoes <dmsch at attglobal.net> wrote:

> Thank you for the information about Australia,
> wasn't aware of that.  Was
> this movement consciously organized as a tactic
> against WWI?  The vote of
> the soldiers at the front is a fantastic element.

The Wobblies at War: A History of the IWW and the
Great War in Australia - By Frank Cain. The Australian
IWW, organized in 1907 to bring the flag of One Big
Unionism down under, was a major force in opposing
Australia's involvement in World War I. So successful
was its anti-war campaign that the government banned
the IWW in 1916 and attempted to drive the union
underground. -- $15.00

http://www.iww.org/store/iwwbooks.shtml

=====
"We are going to inherit the earth, there is not the slightest doubt about that.  The bourgeoisie might blast and ruin its own world before it leaves the stage of history.  We carry a new world, here, in our hearts.  That world is growing this minute." -
    - Buenventura Durruti

http://au.profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal