suggestions for a course/web site on the Middle East

eatonak at simons-rock.edu eatonak at simons-rock.edu
Wed Jan 8 08:34:57 MST 2003

After a long pause (10 years or so) I realized that I should offer an
INTRODUCTORY (i.e. no prior knowledge about the region and a very
introductory exposure to economics) course on the political economy of the
middle east with a sufficient emphasis on the historical processes and
current problems, including 9-11, Iraq, "terrorism," oil, etc.
I would appreciate any suggestion regarding syllabus, books, articles, and
web resources.  I am also planning to design a simple web site so that
others with similar interests might utilize.
Thanks in advance.

Ahmet Tonak

eatonak at simons-rock.edu