Chicago Teachers' Union sponsors J18 bus

loupaulsen at attbi.com loupaulsen at attbi.com
Thu Jan 9 10:05:21 MST 2003

This resolution was passed by the House of Delegates yesterday:

-Whereas, we value the lives of our students, sons and daughters, brothers
and sisters more than Bush's control of Middle East oil profits

-Whereas, we have no quarrel with the ordinary working-class men, women, and
children of Iraq who will suffer the most in any war

-Whereas, the billions of dollars being spent to stage and execute this
invasion, means billions taken away from our schools, hospitals, housing,
and social security

-Whereas, Bush's drive for war serves as a cover and a distraction for the
sinking economy, corporate corruption, and lay-offs,

-Whereas A.N.S.W.E.R., Act Now to Stop War and End Racism, organized 200,000
marchers in D.C. and 5000 in San Francisco on October 26, and is now
organizing tens of thousands to converge in Washington DC January 18-19,
2003 for a mass demonstration and grassroots peace congress,

Be it resolved that the CTU sponsor a bus to go to Washington, D.C. on
January 18-19, to demonstrate against war on Iraq.