Your US ruling class....

La Sainte pleau at prodigy.net
Thu Jan 9 15:09:21 MST 2003

The exclusion of the incomes of the super rich in these studies is an
example of what is deliberately practiced in bourgeois science. Called
outliers, statisticians consistently ignore these oddball but nonetheless
accurate data (in this case the incomes of the super rich) because it was
rationalized in the bourgeois scientific community back when these methods
of scientific study were first developed that any data that do not fit into
an emerging pattern must be thrown out because either there must be
something wrong with data that don't conform with their expected results or
those data merely do not matter. Therefore, to avoid screwing up the curve
these "scientists" routinely throw out all outliers.

This is the excuse the U.S. Census Bureau is giving us. Of course, we all
know the real reason in this case, that they're obviously hiding behind the
"scientific method." And if we should carefully examine other studies
conducted by the "objective" bourgeois scientific community, we will find
many, many other examples of blatant and not so blatant class, race and
other social biases.

BTW, when I had to take two semesters of statistics in college, this
practice of excluding outliers in scientific studies always bothered the
hell out of me. Now I know why.

Cherie Pleau