Louis

David Schanoes dmsch at attglobal.net
Thu Jan 9 16:59:19 MST 2003

Forgive me if I already sent this:  but it was in my "outbox," rather than
"Sent items."

Thank you.

  Hope so, particularly regarding oil. To my thinking, it really is all
about the overproduction of oil, not in the sense of any underconsumption,
but because it is such a capital intensive business, constantly driving down
its costs of production, and having a rate of profit that falls so
dramatically after bouts of overinvestment and production.

For those who may not have the EIA URL:>

www.eia.doe.gov.

The EIA publishes frequent updates and newsletters and insightful country
analyses which you can sign up to receive electronically.  Indeed, there
analysis of Colombia, in 99? or early 2000? foreshadowed the US/right wing
escalation in that country and in Venezuela.

DMS