Emperor's New Clothes backs Israel to the hilt

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Jan 10 12:11:45 MST 2003

“Palestine Is Our
Land And The Jews Our Dogs”
Anti-Semitism, Misinformation, And
The Whitewashing Of The Palestinian
Leadership

By Francisco J. Gil-White

Until last spring I held what people call a pro-Palestinian position.

Like many intellectuals I had adopted Arafat’s cause, taking what I
believed was a principled stand that blamed Israel for the conflict in
the Middle East, and especially for the suffering of Palestinians.
Because I come from a Catholic background, and because there is a long
and violent history of Catholic anti-Semitism (though not in my family),
I always made clear that I supported the right of the State of Israel to
exist, and that my position had nothing to do with animosity against Jews.

In April 2002, I noticed that media coverage of the fighting in Jenin
was manifestly one-sided (against Israel). I began to look into this and
also into the history of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. This work
made me realize that my sympathy for Mr. Arafat was based on false
information...

full: http://emperors-clothes.com/gilwhite/Israel.htm

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org