Oil and overproduction 3

David Schanoes dmsch at attglobal.net
Sun Jan 12 15:08:20 MST 2003

I understand your position.  I understood it at the start.  Such positions
have been argued in the past, and have been shown to be inaccurate by
events.

Nobody has shown the analysis of overproduction to be inaccurate.

I am not Doug Henwood.  I think oil is critical.  But oil is produced.  It
is a commodity.  So either Marxist analysis applies to oil like it does to
automobiles, sugar, computers, dram chips, and soybeans or we have a serious
problem getting to a revolution.

It's impossible to have a meaningful discussion about oil without discussing
overproduction.
.