Cheryl Crow: war is not the answer

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Jan 15 07:31:32 MST 2003

Crow preaches peace, Osbournes poke fun at ex-couple Britney and Justin
Tue Jan 14, 1:27 AM ET

By BETH HARRIS, Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES - Sheryl Crow, an activist for recording artists' rights,
brought her own message against a possible war with Iraq to Monday
night's American Music Awards.

Crow accepted her award for pop-rock female artist wearing a white
T-shirt emblazoned with the message "war is not the answer" in black
sequins. She had the V-neck shirt specially made.

"I just think there's a really vital, sweeping peace movement out there
that's not getting covered in the press, so I just kind of try to do my
part," she said backstage.

"I think war is based in greed and there are huge karmic retributions
that will follow. I think war is never the answer to solving any
problems. The best way to solve problems is to not have enemies."

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org