James Burnham -- =?ISO-8859-1?B?yWxpdGlzdCA=?=Cold War Hack

Tom O'Lincoln suarsos at alphalink.com.au
Wed Jan 15 16:25:17 MST 2003

I think the "managerial revolution" notion really goes back to Bruno Rizzi. Trotsky
accused both Burnham and Shachtman of pirating Rizzi's ideas, but Rizzi's work
was hard to track down; and Shachtman with his usual scathing wit cast doubt
on his existence. But not long ago I read that Rizzi really did exist. From
memory I think his book was called La Bureaucratisation du Monde, i.e. Bureaucratisation
of the World.