Cotton and Scarcity

David Schanoes dmsch at attglobal.net
Thu Jan 16 09:06:02 MST 2003

LP,

Thank you, sincerely, for the information regarding Engels and agriculture.

I read The Housing Question 35 years ago, and not only forgot that, but I
tend to deemphasize and disregard such formulations to concentrate on the
"social" components, the organization of labor in Marx's work.

Your analysis is accurate and balanced, and I thank you for the correction.

  I don't think we can or should ignore the social relations inherent in
petty agriculture in the discussion of Marx's loathing of rural life.

DMS