Forwarded from Domhnall

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Jan 17 08:21:39 MST 2003

I forward this nice slap in the mouth for the current editors of the
English version of Pravda.

Will you forward to the list. It might add some conditioning to their
recent assault on the ZANU-PF movement.

Is mise,
D.

Sent: 17 January 2003 14:47
To: post3 at pravda.ru
Subject: bad translation

http://english.pravda.ru/main/2003/01/17/42181.html

"I mean evolution, not revolution. Revolutions are out of the question."

Your translator has changed the words of A. Zinovyev significantly!

In the Russian original he says: "POKA byt' ne mozhet" - that does not
mean "out of question", that means "out of question AT THE MOMENT"!

A big difference, don't you think?

Well, I guess that's what happens when ex-US marines with only a basic
knowledge of Russian are editing the English version... :-)

I.

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org