George Carlin on George Bush the elder

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Jan 17 11:34:56 MST 2003

Let’s not forget George Bush’s obligation to protect the oil interests
of his family and friends. There was another, more important,
consideration at work. Here’s what really happened.

The simple fact was that America was long overdue to drop high
explosives on helpless civilians; people who have no argument with us
at all. After all, it had been awhile, and the hunger gnaws. That’s
our specialty: picking on countries that have marginally effective air
forces. Yugoslavia (this has been updated a little) is another, more
recent, example.

One reason that we’re good at war is that we practice a lot. We’re a
200-year-old democracy, and we’ve had ten major wars. That’s a war
every twenty years. We’re good at it, because we practice. We can’t
make a TV anymore, can’t make a cellphone, can’t make a VCR, we got no
steel industry, no textile industry, we can’t educate our young
people, can’t fix our old people and their problems with health, but
we can bomb the shit out of your country.

Especially if your country is full of brown people. We like that.
That’s our hobby. That’s our new job in the world, bombing brown
people. Iraq, Panama, Grenada, Libya. You got some brown people in
your country? Tell them to watch the fuck out!

Who were the last white people that you can remember that we bombed?
The Germans. That’s it. They’re the only ones, because they were
trying to cut in on our action! They wanted to dominate the world.
Fuck you, that’s our job!

full: http://www.writersblocpresents.com/archives/carlin/carlin.htm

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org