forwarded from Zimsite: ZANU-PF

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jan 17 19:25:02 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jive Mabhindauko" <jmabhs at yahoo.com>
To: <zimsite at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 7:48 AM
Subject: Re: [zimsite] Job Sikhala tortured by
zanu(pf)mugabe bastards

> I hope Zimbabweans are recording the names and faces
> of all those zanu(pf)mugabe CIO criminals. When
Mugabe
> seeks asylum in Malaysia or wherever, the CIO had
> better follow him there. For as sure as the sun sets
> if they stay in Zimbabwe they will be hunted down
like
> dogs.
>
> And when Zimbabwe gains independence let no one talk
> of forgiveness and reconciliation with criminals.
> Tirikuda kuvasorta.
>
> jive
>
> --- Jive Mabhindauko <jmabhs at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Will Zimbabweans just sit, watch and do
nothing?????
> > What's the matter with Zimbabweans???
> >
> > zanu(pf)mugabe will never get away with this.
> >
> > Jive
> > Weeping Sikhala tells of torture
> >
> > 1/17/2003 10:34:28 AM (GMT +2)
> >

> > By Columbus Mavhunga
> >
> > JOB Sikhala, the St Mary's MP, yesterday shed
tears
> > in
> > court as he narrated his ordeal at the hands of
the
> > police following his arrest for allegedly
> > masterminding the torching of a Zimbabwe United
> > Passenger Company (Zupco) in Willowvale on Monday.
> >

> > Sikhala told magistrate Caroline-Ann Chigumira
that
> > he
> > "witnessed the most horrifying incident of
> > inhumanity
> > which even the laws of the jungle would not
> > tolerate"
> > as he was being tortured by the police after his
> > arrest.
> >
> > The MP was arrested together with Gabriel Shumba,
> > Taurai Magaya, Innocent Kanjedzana and Farai Gudo
> > after being accused of burning a bus on Monday.
> > He said after he was arrested in St Mary's he was
> > transferred to Matapi and later Harare Central
> > Police
> > Station.
> >
> > Sikhala said he was taken to an unknown
destination
> > by
> > two police officers while blind-folded and could
not
> > breathe properly.
> >
> > "When I got there, they started beating me under
my
> > feet," said Sikhala. "They said I had to tell the
> > truth about the bus incident. They beat me until I
> > gave in and told them what they considered the
> > truth.
> >
> > "I told them everything I know under the sun,
> > including the names of my mother.
> > "They even asked me to sign a document implicating
> > my
> > colleagues in the party as regards what they
called
> > MDC's uprisings and their strategies. They even
> > asked
> > for the security of the party's president Morgan
> > Tsvangirai and the home address of Nelson Chamisa.
> >
> > "All this was happening while live electric wires
> > were
> > tied to a toe on each of my legs and on my
genitals.
> > cried and asked why God had forsaken me." In a
> > quivering voice, tears trickling down his chubby
> > cheeks, he said the beatings were conducted while
> > his
> > hands and legs were tied together.
> >
> > "At one time I passed out and when I regained
> > consciousness one of the officers urinated on me
and
> > also urinated," said Sikhala in a low voice.
> >
> > "Then I was ordered to roll on the urine until it
> > dried up. I was later told to drink some liquid
> > which
> > they claimed was the urine. "But the liquid was
> > choking and did not smell like human urine. I am
> > sure
> > it was some poisoned stuff. No wonder I had a
severe
> > cough and running stomach this morning."
> >
> > Shumba, Magaya, Kanjedzana and Gudo, will testify
> > today on their ordeal.
> > The five were yesterday taken to Parirenyatwa
> > Hospital
> > for medical examination, following a request by
> > defence counsel led by Advocate Charles Selemani.
> > Thabani Mpofu for the State, did not oppose the
> > application. The court examined their injuries
after
> > the magistrate ordered people in the public
gallery
> > leave the courtroom.
> >
> > The case continues today when Selemani will oppose
> > the
> > State's request for the remand of Sikhala, Shumba,
> > Magaya, Kanjedzana and Gudo.

=====
"We are going to inherit the earth, there is not the slightest doubt about that.  The bourgeoisie might blast and ruin its own world before it leaves the stage of history.  We carry a new world, here, in our hearts.  That world is growing this minute." -
    - Buenventura Durruti

http://au.profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal