Cotton and Scarcity

Doyle Saylor djsaylor at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 18 07:58:51 MST 2003

Greetings All,
Hello Charles good to see you here!  I agree with Lou about his concept of a
Marxist attitude toward agriculture and the impact of the capitalist system
upon global resources.  We need to attack these problems the moment we have
power.  The cities in the U.S. as you know are cancers upon the earth.
Trying to find a way to reverse this situation has been well articulated and
forcefully presented by Lou.  I think he is showing the way.  I encourage
you (Charles) to bring the full weight of your mind to bear upon this debate
so we can develop ourselves reading the discussion.  I'm sure a great deal
can be said in this area.  Economically and scientifically.

We could have substantial efforts in understanding how land is to be used in
cities so that outside of human habitation the landscape of agriculture and
nature is not destroyed.  That in agriculture concepts of habitat structure
and needs is integrated into the production of food and life for the whole
planet.
Doyle Saylor