FW: Organizing Mtg for Feb 15 NYC Antiwar March

cuito61 at onebox.com cuito61 at onebox.com
Sun Jan 19 10:32:41 MST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From:     "L.A. Kauffman" <laklak at erols.com>
Sent:     Sun, 19 Jan 2003 10:17:51 -0500
Subject:  Organizing Mtg for Feb 15 NYC Antiwar March

please forward far & wide .... sorry for any duplicates

Plans for a major national anti-war mobilization in New York City on
Saturday, Feb. 15th are kicking into high gear. This NYC protest, initiated
by United for Peace & Justice (www.unitedforpeace.org), will coincide with
huge anti-war demonstrations around the globe, in what the London Daily
Mirror says may be "the largest ever mobilization against war."

We need your ideas, support, creativity, energy and time. We need your
involvement! Please join us at an important meeting this Thursday. We'll
have lots of leaflets, stickers, buttons, and posters available, and it will
be an excellent opportunity to learn about the organizing effort and how you
can join in:

WHAT: February 15 Organizing Meeting
WHEN: Thursday, January 23rd  6:30 to 8:30 pm
WHERE: Local 802 of the Musicians Union
332 West 48th Street  (between 8th and 9th Avenues)
MORE INFO: (646) 473-8932

Can't make the meeting? Here are some other ways you can plug in:
*join our NYC volunteer network by writing to
nycvolunteers at unitedforpeace.org
*pick up organizing materials at our office (leaflets, buttons, posters
etc.) beginning this Thursday, Jan. 23, any time from 9AM to 9PM: 330 W.
42nd St., 8th floor (between 8th and 9th Avenues)
*request an outreach packet, with stickers, buttons, and leaflets ready for
photocopying, by sending your snail mail address to outreachpax at hotmail.com

We also are seeking donations or loans of the following materials:
a fax machine
desk lamps
markers, pens
pads
butcher paper and poster sized post-its
assorted office supplies - tape, scissors, staples, paper clips, etc.

Hope to see you at the Thursday meeting!

Best,
Leslie Kauffman
for United for Peace & Justice

MOBILIZE NEW YORK ANTI-WAR ALERTS
one short email per week > many ways to stop the war
TO SIGN UP, write to subscribe at mobilize-ny.org

AN ABSURD RESPONSE TO AN ABSURD WAR
http://www.absurdresponse.com