Anti War Demo in Shannon

John O'Neill johnfergaloneill at eircom.net
Sun Jan 19 18:33:29 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Nigel Irritable <nigel_irritable at yahoo.com>
To: <marxism at lists.panix.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: Anti War Demo in Shannon

> Actually Sinn Fein were the most notable absentees
> from the last Dublin anti-war demonstration too. They
> may have had some individual members on that march but
> they had no visible presence.
>
> Is mise le meas
> Brian Cahill

I wasn't on the last Dublin Demo against the war so I don't know about the
Sinn Fein turn out.

The point I was trying to make was that Sinn Fein usually have a large
presence on any demonstration, with banners from their cumann etc. It was
noticable that this wasn't the case in Shannon which leads me to conclude
that either they don't see the anti war campaign as a priority or they are
keeping a low key so as not to offend their US supporters.

Fraternally

John