Evolution vs. Creationism......

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jan 24 02:40:16 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael FARR" <michael_farr at health.qld.gov.au>
To: <dippy at cosmos.net.au>;
<evolutionary-psychology at yahoogroups.com>
Cc: <rw at firstpr.com.au>; <aleks.jakulin at fri.uni-lj.si>
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 6:26 PM
Subject: Re: [evol-psych] Re: Stick insect forces
evolutionary rethink

> here in Australia the more extreme forms of
Christianity
> don't seem to have much of a foothold
> certainly the public discussions you have in America
> attempting to enshrine fundamentalist doctrines
don't happen here

> I was thinking that when the fundamentalists require
that creationist
doctrines be taught in schools
> that it would be OK if ALL creationist doctrines
were taught in
schools,
Islam ,Buddhist, Hindu, Tao , Jewish, Aboriginal
dreamtime, ancient
greek,
Roman,  babylonian, ancient egyptian and even that it
is "turtles all
the
way down"
> and then we could call it comparative religion.
> I am sure that the fundamentalists would not want
that but they could
hardly object.
> especially under the freedoms espoused in your
constitution.
> I think that the students would see for themselves
the limitations of
all
the dogma's and have to find some better level of
explanation.

> but then ... maybe not ...

=====
"We are going to inherit the earth, there is not the slightest doubt about that.  The bourgeoisie might blast and ruin its own world before it leaves the stage of history.  We carry a new world, here, in our hearts.  That world is growing this minute." -
    - Buenventura Durruti

http://au.profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal