WWP's *Deep Pockets* [!!snort!!]

Gary MacLennan g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Sun Jan 26 14:24:17 MST 2003

At 12:12  26/01/03 -0600, Lou wrote:

>There is profound anti-war sentiment in this country, and the secret of
>organizing large demonstrations in this particular period is that there no
>secret, you just damned well go and organize them.

Exactly correct.

I don't really know the list of characters in this thread.  I enjoy reading
though, Comrade Proyect's occasional fulminations against the Doug Henwood
camp.  Smite them hip and thigh, Lou.

As for the red-baiting around ANSWER that has to be strictly regarded as a
barometer of the effectiveness of ANSWER.  I don't know Lou Paulsen and it
is highly unlikely we will ever meet unfortunately.  But I suspect that I
speak for a good few Marxists outside the USA when I say "good on ya!" (I
can actually say that with an Australian accent.)

The protests within the USA have IMHO been the catalyst for the stiffening
of opposition against the war elsewhere, especially in Europe.  Within the
USA it must seem to the enemy that their worse nightmare, the anti-war
demonstrations of the Vietnam War era, have come back to haunt them.

regards

Gary