Peltier......

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jan 30 07:51:11 MST 2003

Please post widely

From:
TACOMA LEONARD PELTIER SUPPORT NETWORK
P.O. BOX 5464
TACOMA, WA 98415-0464
E-MAIL: bayou at blarg.net

UNTIL FREEDOM IS WON!

INTERNATIONAL DAY OF SOLIDARITY
WITH LEONARD PELTIER
MARCH AND RALLY FOR JUSTICE

For Peace, Justice and Freedom for all People

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2003
TACOMA, WA

Dedicated to the memory of Nilak Butler and Standing
Deer who
recently
passed on from this world.

NEEDS: Signs and Banners

12:OO NOON:  MARCH FOR JUSTICE
PORTLAND AVE PARK (on Portland Ave. between E. 34th
and
E. Fairbanks Ave. Take Portland Ave. exit off I-5 and
head east)

1:00 PM: RALLY FOR JUSTICE
U.S. FEDERAL COURT HOUSE,
1717 PACIFIC AVE.

SPEAKERS:
Matilaja, Yu'pik -  Yakama, Tacoma LPSG
Harold Belmont, Elder, Native People's Alliance With
Friends and
Allies
Dorothy Ackerman, Lakota Elder
Helaire EchoHawk, Native American Coalition
Juan Jose Bocanegra, long time Peltier supporter
Michael Oneroad, Portland AIM
Steve Hapy Jr, NW AIM
Arthur J. Miller, Tacoma LPSG
Matt Remle, Lakota, Community Coalition for
Environmental
Justice
Peter Bohmer, Evergreen State College Teacher
Pio Celestino, Peruvian Indigenous Elder, Regugio Del
Rio Grande

Music:
Jim Page
NW AIM DRUM

CARAVAN FOR JUSTICE (car pool)
SEATTLE: Meet at 10:45 at the parking lot at 22nd and
Madison.
OLYMPIA: Meet at 10:45 Media Island 816 Adams St.

AFTER RALLY
HONORING POTLUCK

AT THE GUADALUPE HOUSE, 1417 S. G St
(Only a few blocks from the rally site) Please bring
food.

  The Honoring Potluck will take place right after the
Feb. 8th
Rally For
Justice For Leonard Peltier. This is open to all
supporters.
This meal will
give thanks to those who have helped in the past 10
years with
our regional
network and with the Feb. 8th march and rally. It is
also a time
to make
connections to build for the future.

 DONATIONS NEEDED! We have had to borrow money to pay
for
fliers, posters,
and mailing in order to  put on the  Feb. 8th March
and Rally
For Justice
For Leonard Peltier. Our group is a grassroots group
and we have
no other
funding outside of donations that come from you, our
supporters.
Please if
you can, send us a donation to: Seattle LPSG, P.O. Box
2514,
Seattle, WA
98111. (Please make checks out to the Northwest
Leonard Peltier
Support
Network).

HOW YOU CAN HELP. Please pass this message on to
others and if
you would
like to get out fliers and posters please let us know
at:
bayou at blarg.net

SPONSORED BY: Tacoma LPSG, NW AIM, Native People's
Alliance With
Friends and
Allies, Native American Coalition, Seattle LPSG

  Feb. 6th, 2003 will mark the 27th year since AIM
activist
Leonard Peltier'
s arrest. After Leonard's defense team in appeals
disproved the
government's
case against Leonard the government stated that they
have no
evidence
directly connecting Leonard to the deaths of the FBI
agents that
he was
convicted for, but still he has not been granted a new
trial.
The Leonard
Peltier Defense Committee has a new appeal and a
lawsuit against
the FBI.
This event is in support of the appeal, lawsuit and
seeks to
send a message
of solidarity for the continuous struggle for justice
for
Leonard Peltier.
www.freepeltier.org.

  When you're conquered, the people you're conquered
by dictate
your future.
This is a basic philosophy of mine. If I'm part of a
conquered
nation, then
I've got to yield to authority.  Norman Zigrossi, FBI

  There is a possibility that the jury would have
acquitted
Leonard Peltier
had the records and data improperly withheld from the
defense
been available
to him in order to better exploit and reinforce the
inconsistencies casting
strong doubts upon the government's case.   Eighth
Circuit Court
Opinion,
1986

   I have no doubt whatsoever that the real motivation
behind
both Wounded
Knee II and the Oglala firefight, and much of the
turmoil
throughout Indian
Country since the early 1970s, was-and is-the mining
companies'
desire to
muffle AIM and all traditional Indian people, who
sought-and
still seek-to
protect the land, water, and air from their thefts and
depredations. In this
sad and tragic age we live  in, to come to the defense
of Mother
Earth is to
be branded a criminal.  Leonard Peltier

=====
"We are going to inherit the earth, there is not the slightest doubt about that.  The bourgeoisie might blast and ruin its own world before it leaves the stage of history.  We carry a new world, here, in our hearts.  That world is growing this minute." -
    - Buenventura Durruti

http://au.profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal