(fwd from Steve Bloom) NY march permit fight: we cannot afford to take it lying down

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Fri Jan 31 10:14:21 MST 2003

An update for your information, based on a report to our program
committee meeting last night. The threat of a lawsuit, which the city
knew it could not win, forced the police into a negotiation
process. They now accept the principle that there will be a march. But
they are still stonewalling on an acceptable route. So protests remain
very much in order. An official announcement of this from UFPJ should
be circulating soon, if it is not already.

Steve Bloom