NY march permit fight: we cannot afford to take it lying down

Jose G. Perez jgperez at netzero.net
Fri Jan 31 10:46:33 MST 2003

[ quoted text snipped ]

Fred Feldman posted the original report shortly after you sent your query
(it is from a UFPJ activist or staffer, I'm not familiar with the person):

"The NYC authorities are refusing march permits for Feb. 15. Under no
circumstances, they say, will there be a march bigger
than 10,000 people. Why? Because the police cannot contain it."

Fred's whole message, including some useful suggestions for how to begin
organizing a protest campaign, is here:

http://www.columbia.edu/~lnp3/msg24668.html

José