'Bring 'Em On'

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Thu Jul 3 07:35:41 MDT 2003

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 09:09:34 -0400 Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> writes:
> Bush Utters Taunt About Militants: 'Bring 'Em On'
>
> By Dana Milbank and Vernon Loeb
> Washington Post Staff Writers
> Thursday, July 3, 2003; Page A01
>
> President Bush yesterday delivered a colloquial taunt to militants
> who
> have been attacking U.S. troops in Iraq, saying "bring 'em on" and
> asserting that the forces in Iraq are "plenty tough" to deal with
> the
> threat.

Of all the idiotic things that the Supreme Court's pick
for the Oval Office has ever uttered, that got to
be numero uno.  I am sure that the Iraqi resistance
fighters will be more than willing to accommodate him
on this score, and as Stan has suggested, such comments
from nitwits in their air conditioned offices can only
help to undermine morale over time as US soldiers
on the ground become increasingly cynical.

Jim F.