Subject: An Introduction to Marx's 'Capital'

Chris Brady cdbrady at attglobal.net
Fri Jul 4 11:07:52 MDT 2003

Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 23:38:46 -0700
From: Chris Brady <cdbrady at attglobal.net>
To: marxism-digest <marxism at lists.panix.com>

A friend in India asked me to pass this along
(I wonder if any on our list here have encountered these works?):

REQUEST TO CIRCULATE THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE BOOK
'AN INTRODUCTION TO MARX'S 'CAPITAL' (in 3 volumes)

I am sending this mail to those persons, journals and organizations,
whose addresses I know directly or secured through other friends and
journals, who might be
interested in Marx's important work 'Capital'.

Please try to circulate the information as widely as possible.

As you know, we (my friends and myself) had brought out the book AN
INTRODUCTION TO MARX'S 'CAPITAL' (in 3 volumes) in December 1999. We
brought out this book with a view that there is a need to bring out a
reader-friendly introduction since most readers find the 'original'
difficult to understand.

We brought out these volumes at a very low price compared to the
'market' price. (The price of the three hardbound volumes running about
two thousand pages is
35 dollars).

Some individuals procured the book and recommended it to others for
reading, some journals both in India and abroad (in USA,UK) reviewed it,

and some
journals published advertisements of the book free of cost (in Germany,
Greece) and some at concessional rates (in USA,UK). Some organizations
put the
information in their websites. Yet the book needs some more support in
terms of circulation of its copies as well as information about it.

I, therefore, request you to send me some more addresses of individuals,

journals and organizations that might be interested in the book. I also
request you circulate
once again the information about the book in your correspondence,
journals and websites. You may kindly use/edit the attached document
[see below] according to your convenience in your correspondence,
publications or websites.

Looking forward to your co-operation in circulating this 'introduction'
to the most important work of Marx.

Ranganayakamma

(Authoress & Publisher)

A book on Marx's 'Capital'
An Introduction to  Marx's  'Capital'
(in 3 volumes)
by Ranganayakamma

Volume 1: Hardbound.  pp. 640. $  10.
Volume 2: Hardbound. pp. 760.  $. 15.
Volume 3: Hardbound. pp. 572.  $. 10.
Postage free. Send cheque in favour of  'Sweet Home Publications'.
For copies:
SWEET HOME PUBLICATIONS,
76, Lakeside Colony,
Jubilee Hills post,
Hyderabad-500 033 (India).

Phone: (+91)-40-2311-7302.
Email: brbapuji at yahoo.com

Contents of volume 1 :
Part 1: Commodities and Money:
A Note of Publication.
Translator's Note.
Preface: On Marx's 'Capital'. On Marx's Life. On this 'introduction' to
'Capital'. General Introduction: Nature and Society.
Chapters: (1)  Two Aspects of Commodity. (2) Two Aspects of Labour that
Produces a Commodity. (3) Form of value. (4) Elementary form of value.
(5) Expanded form of value. (6) General form of value. (7) Development
of the 'Relative' and 'Equivalent' aspects of the form of value. (8)
Money form. (9) Fetishism of commodities. (10) Circulation of
commodities
Part 2: Process of Capitalist Production: (1) Profit. (2) The value of
'labour power'. (3) Labour process (Process of Production).  (4)
Constant capital and Variable capital; Fixed capital and Circulating
capital. (5)  Rate of surplus value (Degree of exloitation). (6) Looking

at the 'value portions' of the commodity in terms of the 'portions of
commodity'. (7) Working day.   Index.

Contents of volume 2:
Part 1: Process of Capitalist Reproduction:  (1) Capitalist Mode of
Production and its forms. (2) Manufacture.(3)  Machinery and Large-scale

industry. (4) Capital subjugates labour. (5) Productive and Unproductive

labour. (6) Expansion of Capital.
Part 2: Process of Capitalist Circulation:  (1) Costs of Circulation.
(2) Capitalist price.  Index

Contents of volume 3:
Part 1: Process of Capitalist Distribution: Some issues once again. (1)
Merchant's Capital . (2) Interest-bearing Capital or Money Capital (3)
Land-Rent. (4) Imperialism. (5) Crises. (6) Classes.  · Marx's Questions

to Workers.
Part 2: Towards Classless Society: (1) The 'New' Society. (2) Marxism:
Not only 'Economics', but also 'Philosophy'. (3) Proletariat with 'Muck
of all Ages'.  (4) Some Issues.  (5) An Imaginary Picture.  (6) Have you

become a Marxist?  Appendix: Chapters in Marx's 'Capital'.  Index.

ALSO AVAILABLE A book on 'Caste' question: FOR THE SOLUTION OF THE CASTE

QUESTION, BUDDHA IS NOT ENOUGH, AMBEDKAR IS NOT ENOUGH, MARX IS A MUST!
(pages 430, price $10. Postage free).