A query to a professional anti-Communist

David Quarter davidquarter at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 5 23:25:57 MDT 2003

"Martin Spellman" <martinwriter at btopenworld.com> wrote:

<<<They not only concoct this tripe but get paid very well for doing
it.>>>>

 While I was perusing a Canadian sociology department website
last year,  I came across a researcher who claimed, amongst his
interests, academics on the payroll of the CIA. Unfortunately, I
forgot to write the dude's name down (it was York University's
website). I wonder: are there academics who have written on this
subject?

 And wasn't it Susan Sontag who was taking kickbacks from the
CIA in the heyday of the feminist movement? I recall reading
something about that in an newspaper article a while back.  I also
remember reading somewhere that Orwell was being blackmaled
by intelligence (?).

If anyone can comment on that?

DOQ