Trotskyism and the Cuban revolution/ratfinks

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Jul 6 12:08:41 MDT 2003

Melvin P:
>You have a right to point out the Comintern document concerning the 1940
>election and I have a right to point out what I pointed out. You context is
>bankrupt and that of the chauvinist.

Excuse me? How is it bankrupt and chauvinist to point out that the Cuban CP
and the Comintern supported Colonel Batista? In fact the July 26th Movement
emerged as an alternative to this kind of class collaborationism. I don't
want to bog down this list with a recitation of all the
counter-revolutionary initiatives of the Kremlin, but you should mind your
p's and q's when it comes to calling Trotskyists ratfinks, etc. I generally
cut you some slack when it comes to this kind of rhetorical excess, but
don't overdo it.