marxism-digest V1 #6051

John Paramo albatrosrojo2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 21:06:35 MDT 2003

Lou:
It was established as a break with traditional
Marxist-Leninist conceptions of party-building and the
political culture that this engenders. This has
meant that we bracket out the "Russian" questions and
tendencies to reformulate them in terms of how to
assess the Cuban revolution, as either a state
capitalist society, deformed workers state, etc.

JP:

I agree. But lou, you need to be more patient with
people who did not notice the fall of the Soviet
Union.

Lou:

The people who find value in Marxmail, as opposed to
those who "intervene" here, also find little value in
the traditional Trotskyist approach, even though there
are obviously some exceptions.

JP:

I agree, these Fidelistas who intervene in Marxmail
don't seem to value the list as multi-ideological
resource.  I also find "little value in the
traditional Trotskyist approach" that seems to be so
widespread as people who are no longer Trotskyists,
still use it.

Lou:
I am also guarding against a
dynamic where defenders of the Cuban revolution dig in
their heels to counter the attacks. And then the same
arguments get repeated and repeated and repeated.

JP:

Wholehearteadly agree with the above.

Lou:

My suggestion is to move on...

JP:

 Yeah, agree, let's move on.... hopefully we can go
back to some historical commentary.