(fwd from David McDonald) Re: Trotskyism and the Cuban revolution/ratfinks

Tahir Wood twood at uwc.ac.za
Mon Jul 7 03:14:44 MDT 2003

Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 16:57:39 -0700
From: "David McDonald" <dbmcdonald at comcast.net>
Subject: Subject: Re: (fwd from David McDonald) Re: Trotskyism and the
Cuban revolution/ratfinks

Cuba would attempt to find some way to deal with the inevitable
ensuing
prostitution problem (they're not just coming to Cuba to tour the
sugar
factories, folks), petty-bourgeois moralism is always the same and
ultimately boring, because it is based on a moral stance that comes
from
outside space and time. Where from then? Marx, Poverty of Philosophy:
"These
ideas themselves have been slumbering in the heart of God the Father
since
the beginning of time."

Why don't you explain the "prostitution problem" that you are so
forthright about to us? I'm not sure that I understand the nature of
this "problem". But I do know who the petty bourgeois moralist is when
Castro vows to crack down on "crimes" like prostitution. It's almost
like the crime of homosexuality used to be, isn't it? Now I wonder where
the bearded patriarch of the Cuban revolution got his ideas on sexual
morality from? Maybe the 'hardnosed realist' on the list could explain
to me.

Tahir
This email and its contents are subject to our email
legal notice which can be viewed at :
http://www.uwc.ac.za/ics/default.asp?webPageID=85

Should you be unable to access the link provided,
please contact our ICS helpdesk at (021)-9592000 for
a copy of the legal notice.