Anti-Imperialist Mini-Conference/Need Speakers

PANKAJ MEHTA pankay at physics.rutgers.edu
Mon Jul 7 11:45:57 MDT 2003

Hi,
	We at New Jersey Solidarity -- Activists for the Liberation of
Palestine are trying to put together an anti-imperialist miniconference
in New Brunswick, NJ  on Saturday August 16. The hope is to try to unite
activists in the broad anti-war, anti-imperialist solidarity groups. One
of the topics we want to discuss is the World Bank, IMF,and Financial
Imperialism.  I am having trouble tracking down an activist/scholar
in the NJ/NYC area who would be willing to lead a discussion. Any
suggestions would be appreciated. I think at this point we envision a
conference mostly for activists by activists though of course, the general
public would be invited to attend.

If you have suggestions or can talk specifically about World Bank/IMF
issues please write me (ignore the numbers at the bottom)at :

pankay at physics.rutgers.edu

More information will be forthcomming. Below is the official call for
speakers and topics:

Comradely greetings,
Pankaj Mehta

Friends, comrades, sisters and brothers,

New Jersey Solidarity -- Activists for the Liberation of Palestine is hosting
an anti-imperialism miniconference in New Brunswick, NJ on Saturday, August
16.  This one day conference will feature workshops addressing national
struggles for liberation from imperialism and colonialism, from Iraq to the
Philippines to Zimbabwe; and it will address movements for liberation within
the United States, including demands for lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender
rights, an end to all forms of racism and oppression, an end to anti-immigrant
repression, and an end to illegal detentions.

We look to you, our counterparts in resistance, to make this event a success.
We invite you to present a workshop relating to your area of emphasis.  Each
workshop will last for 50 minutes, which will include time for discussion.  We
have much to learn from each other and to teach our community.  We must
demonstrate to our audience the need to connect all struggles, for together we
are stronger.

If you are interested in participating, please contact us at (201) 787-9478 or
email us at info at njsolidarity.org.

We also invite you to join us that evening for our first Cafe Intifadah - a
Celebration of Global Resistance.  This evening will feature a mix of musical
genres, from hip hop to folk to spoken word, performed by revolutionary
artists.  If you are a performer or can recommend a performer, please contact
us at (201) 787-9478 or email us at info at njsolidarity.org.

In addition to presenting or performing, if you or your organization would like
to endorse this event, please write to us at info at njsolidarity.org.  We also
encourage all organizations to bring literature, buttons, t-shirts, etc. for
tabling.

We look forward to working with you!

Thank you!

New Jersey Solidarity - Activists for the Liberation of Palestine
http://www.njsolidarity.org/