Carlyle Group founder disses Dubya!

Xenon Zi-Neng Yuan wenhuadageming at comcast.net
Wed Jul 9 00:26:03 MDT 2003

there is a split in the republican party, roughly between "classical
conservatives" and neo-cons.  bush's cabinet, advisors and overall
administration generally fall into the latter camp.  they are the dominant
ideological force at the moment, but they are now reaping their own
whirlwinds, and the classicals and the neo-liberals as well would probably
like to see the neo-cons come tumbling down in a ball of fire.  my
observation is that the mainstream domestic press is finally starting to
follow suit with their overseas counterparts and report on the
administrations' blunders and outright lies, whereas before with enron and
with the lead-up/early stages of the invasion they were generally silent
and obedient.  the administration is on the defensive now, and eventually
crucial power-players in the military, press, finance, and congress, etc.
will make their move.  they may wait until after (probably stealing) the
'04 election, so as to secure a republican administration despite a
resignation or something.  but whatever the case, from what i can tell,
it's happening.

and of course, no, i have no desire to meet any of these bastards at the
barricades, unless it's war and i have them in my gunsights.

xzy