Cuba & Internet access

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 9 10:56:48 MDT 2003

One of the things I'm unclear on is the economic aspects of international
telecommunications (with respect to Cuba). When phone calls are placed from
Cuba to the United States, is Cuba then sending money to AT&T (or whomever)
to pay for these? Can they (do they) access the Internet via long distance
phone to Mexico rather than the US (since once you're on the Internet in one
place, you're on it everywhere)? I'd like to understand this in as much
detail as possible to be in the best position to defend Cuba from these
attacks.