Just to make something clear

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Wed Jul 9 14:09:33 MDT 2003

I have never said that the American Civil War was _primarily_ a war
between London and New York.

Please remember that my mention of that war only intended to show
that capitalism doesn't always imply full progress towards a self-
centered economy, and that even Marx and Engels (when analyzing that
war) had thrown that idea to the waste basket.

In the South, capitalism (London capitalism) generated the
slaveowners.

Of course, the link between London and Raleigh became a part of the
war, and in fact the progressiveness of the Northern cause lay not
only -and in a sense not even firstly- in abolition but in rejection
of the Southern attempt to turn the United States into a British
colony again by extending slavery in order to strengthen the link
between King Cotton and King Coal.

If DMS tries to demonstrate that I have said that England and the
Union clashed directly, then we are at a new scarecrow again...

BTW: the massacre of the Paraguay war was fueled by Britain, partly,
in order to replace the Southern cotton fields. And that war sought
(and achieved) the goal of destroying the most advanced capitalist
economy in South America. No male above 60 nor below 15 remained
alive in Paraguay.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar

Buenos Aires, 1822