Peter Camejo

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 10 11:46:59 MDT 2003

One more point I left out. Jose wrote: "The central message [of Camejo's
campaign] was, people need to break from these two parties that represent
the corporations and the rich."

In some way I suppose you can say this is intrinsic in urging people to vote
Green, but, as I noted in a previous post, Camejo did NOT say there was
anything wrong with the Democrats and Republicans. What he said, directly
from his web site, was this: "My platform is what makes me better than Simon
or Davis," Camejo says. "That I’m not associated with money, not influenced
by money makes me the best candidate."  Not that the PARTIES were
"influenced by money" (or, more accurately, totally bought and paid for),
but just that Simon and Davis were, and that his PLATFORM was better. On
that basis, we'll all need to vote for Kucinich, because his platform is as
good or better than Peter's was.