Disgusting Nation Magazine editorial

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Jul 11 09:37:12 MDT 2003

Although I don't pay much attention to the Nation Magazine nowadays,
their editorial from the July 7th issue titled "The War is Not Over"
really took me aback, especially the paragraph below. It supports a UN
presence since this would legitimize US military forces. It also speaks
in terms of "nation-building" when in fact the UN and USA (same thing
basically) are only good for nation-destroying. Basically, the Nation is
putting forward the same bullshit you can read in a NY Times op-ed.
These people should be taken out and horse-whipped.

====

http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20030707&s=editors

The Administration also has to admit that rebuilding Iraq is beyond the
capability of the United States alone and that it's time to reach out to
the international community for help. Turning over key aspects of Iraq's
administration to the UN wouldn't solve all the many problems in Iraq,
but it would provide some much-needed legitimacy for the presence of US
forces, draw in the support and help of other countries with
nation-building experience and allow Islamic countries to contribute
peacekeepers and police forces to help restore order.

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org