primitive accumulation

MARIPOWER716 at aol.com MARIPOWER716 at aol.com
Sat Jul 12 20:10:16 MDT 2003

In a message dated 7/12/03 7:31:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
renatopompeu at bol.com.br writes:

To Maripower:

I agree with almost all what you said in answer to me, but apart from the
separation of producers and means of production, plunder also plays a role in
primitive, or rather originary accumulation. And plunder goes on until today, for
instance, in organised crime.
Thank you for your attention. Renato Pompeu

Reply,

First I am in violation of policy and sent too many replies for one day. Lou
gives me a break because my hearts good and I love the comrades, even when
being intolerable. Last writing for today. If necessary Lou, I will purge myself
for a day or too.

I understood what you meant about crime and Marx does a piece on crime in one
of the Volumes of Theory of Surplus Value. I want to say Volume 2 and he
talks about the thief and the locksmith and how property relations creates these
form of capital circulation based on itself. Capital is the highest form of
organized crime. I think we need to call this "thing" illegal capital
accumulation but whoever can buy the person in power makes the illegal legal. I felt you
though.

It's strange but the illegal number man - the lottery systems, enjoys a
social status in my community a little below the preacher. In fact the preachers
are consider successful when they recruit the number man. Strange but true.
There is also the dope.  Was Adam Smith inquiry into agriculture from the
standpoint of the opium trade or dope and agriculture as the production of this cash
crop, which some viewed as a form of primitive accumulation?  The Opium war in
China still have me baffled to a degree, but Henry Lui is still gone and -
dammit, that some of the stuff he studied.

I write from the general category so as not to step on the feet of the world
people and make it easier to get that neck from under my imperial foot. It's
like every where I walk man a neck end up under my foot no matter what.

Hey, I didn't know that was your neck man.

Melvin