dialectical content

MIYACHI miyachi9 at gctv.ne.jp
Sun Jul 13 14:11:41 MDT 2003

As for dialectical logic, we need to concretely analyze how and where Marx
used and criticized Hegel's logic.

Marx adopts dialectical logic in form of value, in which, he uses Hegel's
doctrine of essence, in other words,

"With the positive we return to identity, but in its higher truth as
identical self-relation, and at the same time with the note that it is not
the
negative. The negative per se is the same as difference itself. The
identical
as such is primarily the yet uncharacterised: the positive on the other hand
is what is self-identical, but with the mark of antithesis to an other. And
the
negative is difference as such, characterised as not identity. This is the
difference of difference within its own self.
Positive and negative are supposed to express an absolute difference. The
two however are at bottom the same: the name of either might be
transferred to the other. Thus, for example, debts and assets are not two
particular, self-subsisting species of property. What is negative to the
debtor is positive to the creditor. A way to the east is also a way to the
west. Positive and negative are therefore intrinsically conditioned by one
another, and are only in relation to each other. The north pole of the
magnet cannot be without the south pole, and vice versa. If we cut a
magnet in two, we have not a north pole in one piece, and a south pole in
the other. Similar, in electricity, the positive and the negative are not
two
diverse and independent fluids. In opposition, the different is not
confronted by an other, but by its other"

 In this, "the positive" corresponds to relative form of value,  the
"negative" corresponds to equivalent form of value, and the identity refers
to value.

We must not evaluate Hegel's dialectical" "method" rather we must analyze
Hegel's concrete "content" of logic.

MIYACHI TATSUO