Iraq

Gary MacLennan g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Sun Jul 13 21:30:06 MDT 2003

At 11:57 AM 14/07/2003 +1200, you wrote:
>Gary writes, in relation to Iraq:
> > There is much at stake now, and it is not all bad news for the Left.

Phil comments:

>Gary, I'm not sure why you were despondent as of May 1.

Fair enough Phil.  But the triumphalism of the bourgeoisie was just so
sickening and I had allowed myself to get swept up into hope or fantasy if
you like by the big demonstrations in Cairo.  The emergence of the
phenomenon of the anti-imperialist "Arab Street" was intoxicating
(literally!) .

But now the Imperialists are well and truly in the bog or perhaps quick
sand would be a more appropriate metaphor.

regards

Gary