"Sequestering" Resources-- the South and the North

dms dmschanoes at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 15 09:21:49 MDT 2003

My reason for producing the data was to bolster the argument that 1. the war
definitely was about the development of productive forces .  The
plantation/slave system, both in the US and the Caribbean colonies could not
"improve" the land, the production, it organized; 2. the Southern panic
regarding the West was to block the North rather than a need to takeover and
expand slavery. 3.  items 1&2 force the North, finally, to confront the
organization of Southern property and destroy the slave system.

dms