Forwarded from Robert Touraine (homelessness)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Jul 15 13:07:38 MDT 2003

HOMELESS IN THE THE LAND OF PLENTY

San Bernardino and Riverside counties comprise a once eden-like
valley/plain (before the unplanned creeping industrialization and
suburbanization of the modern era) between the towering Sierra Nevada
range and the Pacific coast. Like other areas in the United States there
is a large homeless population. Are they alcoholic, mentally ill,
uneducated castoffs? By no means. And as we read this, we should
consider the condition of the latter as well.

http://www.sbsun.com/Stories/0,1413,208~12588~1512457,00.html
--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org