FW: Marx and Lenin

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Jul 16 09:36:14 MDT 2003

Michael Feldman wrote:
> This is the rubbish sent out by the CPUSA to justify its support for the
> Democrats. Notice how this article completely ignores any discussion of
> principles and only speaks of strategy, tactics and "marxist
> analysis"--based on what?

The CPUSA has played an important role in the peace, civil rights and
labor movement in this country. One of the things I had to overcome in
my post-Trotskyist re-education is this positive aspect in a party that
I had a very low opinion of.

Unfortunately, there is still no excuse for backing the Democratic
Party. Lenin wrote "Ultraleftism, an Infantile Disorder" in order to
persuade German Communists to unite with the social democrats. The
Democratic Party in the USA has nothing in common with the German social
democracy, which despite having been responsible for the death of
Luxemberg and Liebknecht, did participate in the workers revolt of 1923.

If the CP gave its wholehearted backing to the Green Party, the
opportunities for independent political action would be enhanced
greatly. That being said, the CofC is not much better on this score.
They also seem to view voting for Democrats as a tactic.

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org