URGENT: campaign for Iran

Michael Feldman mfeldman at mmm.edu
Wed Jul 16 11:00:53 MDT 2003

Iran: save the life of Esmail Mohamadi!

Esmail Mohamadi is languishing in an Iranian jail awaiting execution.
His
crime is to have fought for the rights of the Kurdish people inside
Iran. He
has been a 'peshmerga' guerrilla of the Kurdish Komala organization for
several years. We are appealing to all our readers and supporters to
raise a
protest, both with the UN and the Iranian authorities. Here you will
find
two model letters. All you have to do is insert your name and surname
and/or
organization and post the first letter to the UN Human Rights Office and
email the second letter to the President of Iran, Mr. Mohammad Khatami.

Please send a copy of everything you send to:

razi at kargar.org and contact at marxist.com

1) Letter to UN High Commission for Human Rights

Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights

United Nations Office at Geneva

8-14 Avenue de la Paix

1211 Geneva

Switzerland

Dear Sir/Madam

I/we, [insert NAME and SURNAME, or ORGANISATION] would hereby like to
bring
to your attention the urgent case of Mr. Esmail Mohamadi who has been
condemned to death by the Iranian regime. Mr. Mohamadi, born 4 June
1965, is
the father of five children and has been a 'peshmerga' guerrilla of the
Kurdish Komala organisation for a number of years. He was arrested by
the
forces of the Islamic Republic on 1 Sept 2002 in Bookan, in Iranian
Kurdistan, and then sentenced to death in one of the regime's courts.
His
case number is 1564.

We therefore strongly urge you to act quickly to save Mr. Mohamadi's
life
and secure his physical safety, and also to express to the Iranian
authorities your outrage at his treatment. You can send your protest
email,
faxes or letters to the President of the Islamic Republic of Iran at the
following address:

Email: khatami at president.ir

Fax: 0098- 216 464 443

Address:
Mr. Mohammad Khatami,
The Presidency,
Palestine Avenue,
Azerbaijan Intersection,
Tehran,
Iran.

Please keep us informed about the progress of your protests and Mr.
Khatami's reply to you.

Yours faithfully,

NAME SURNAME

2) Letter to the President of Iran

Mr. Mohammad Khatami,
The Presidency,
Palestine Avenue,
Azerbaijan Intersection,
Tehran,
Iran.

Dear Sir,

I/we, [insert NAME and SURNAME, or ORGANISATION] would hereby like to
bring
to your attention the urgent case of Mr. Esmail Mohamadi who has been
condemned to death by the Iranian courts. Mr. Mohamadi, born 4 June
1965, is
the father of five children and has been struggling for the rights of
the
Kurdish people for a number of years. He was arrested by the forces of
the
Islamic Republic on 1 Sept 2002 in Bookan, in Iranian Kurdistan, and
then
sentenced to death in one of your courts. His case number is 1564.

We would like to express our outrage at this brutal treatment of Mr.
Mohamedi. You claim to represent the reforming wing of the Islamic
Republic
of Iran. If you are serious about this you will make sure that human
rights
atrocities are brought to an end and that the people of Iran are allowed
enjoy genuine democratic rights.

We therefore strongly urge you to act quickly to save Mr. Mohamadi's
life
and secure his physical safety. If nothing is done about this case we
assure
you that we will raise a campaign in our country, through the media, the
trade unions, the youth organizations and political organizations, on
this
case until something is done about it.

Yours,

NAME SURNAME