national revolution

dms dmschanoes at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 19 11:44:19 MDT 2003

But comrae, "the historical basis that made victory [of a nationalist
revolution] possible" is also the same the  made the result defeat and
counterrevolution... so, I think we have to go back and examine carefully
the fact that the national rebellion in Ireland did not conquer power as
opposed, say, to the workers' led revolution in Russia, which confronted
very much the same economic panorama and powerful social reaction as in
Ireland.

That's the only point I am trying to develop here... that the failures must
be located not only in the actions of the bourgeoisie, but in the strategy,
tactics, theory and program of the anti-bourgeois struggle.  Otherwise we
have no way of overcoming the bourgeoisie.

dms