Surprise! Camejo may withdraw, support Huffington

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 19 07:46:11 MDT 2003

>From today's San Jose Mercury News:

In an article about how some progressives are now turning to Arianna
Huffington as their choice in the California recall election, the following

"The movement is already drawing surprising support from Green Party
candidate Peter Camejo, who said he might bow out of the race and support
Huffington if she embraces a progressive agenda.

"'I'd be perfectly willing to withdraw and consider supporting someone
else,' Camejo said Friday. 'I think it could be rather interesting if she
got into the race.'"
"Although some liberals are sympathetic to Camejo's campaign, many say he
has neither the cash nor the cachet to win. Arianna has both."

Full: http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/news/6339303.htm