Yet another lie exposed: "nuclear mujahedeen"

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 19 13:46:09 MDT 2003

>From the NY Times,
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/20/international/worldspecial/20WEAP.html?pagewanted=1&ei=5062&en=28360ecb210885f6&ex=1059278400

Similarly, Mr. Powell was more cautious than Mr. Bush was in describing Mr.
Hussein's meetings with what the president, in his Cincinnati speech, had
called Iraq's "nuclear mujahedeen."  Mr. Powell was urged by some in the
administration to cite those meetings, and to illustrate it with a picture
of one of the sessions.

"Now tell me who these guys are,"  he asked a few nights before his
presentation, when the C.I.A. showed him the picture, a participant in the
conversation recalled.

"Oh, we're quite sure this is his nuclear crowd," came the response.

"How do you know?" Mr. Powell pressed. "Prove it. Who are they?" No one
could answer the question.

The real truth about George Bush's State of the Union address can be found
in the Boondocks cartoon for today, 7/19/03:

http://www.ucomics.com/boondocks/