Evidence the center is moving on Iraq

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 21 16:06:54 MDT 2003

Just caught Merle Haggard being interviewed by John Gibson on Faux News.
Apparently he has a new song out called "What's the news?" which raises
issues of what's happening  in Iraq, why are soldiers still dying when the
"war is over", what was this all about, etc. Haggard is not exactly known as
a left-winger; anything but. More like an ultra-patriot. After he commented
about how Tony Blair was in trouble and might lose his job, Gibson said "But
of course we're the ones whose President they came after, whose Congress and
Pentagon they tried to attack, and who had 3000 people killed." To which
Haggard replied: "What does that have to do with Iraq?" After Gibson
sputtered  a reply, Haggard asked him, "If Iraq was responsible for 9/11,
why did we go to war against Afghanistan?"

When the Merle Haggard's of the world start to publicly express doubts,
serious movement is going on on this issue.