ANSWER's letters to UFPJ on unity for October 25

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 21 23:03:38 MDT 2003

Greg Dunkel wrote:

>They also don't inhibit speakers who want to get up and denounce the
>American-Anglo occupation of Iraq as a naked imperialist intervention that
>is going to cost the working classes of the world dearly in terms of their
>blood and living standards.

Exactly! Whereas a demonstration built around some "reasonable" demand like
"Replace US occupation forces with UN peacekeeping forces" won't even
attract speakers and people (like me) who don't want to see Iraq occupied at
all.

"End the occupation! Bring the Troops Home Now!"

What could be simpler? Or better?